Many think that China五洲彩票线路检测 will
inevitably follow the same paths of socio-economic-techno convergence as most
other developing countries in the global village. But, with Chinese inclination
towards patience and long-term thinking, can this emerging giant choose its own,
different path to the future?
China五洲彩票线路检测, India, Brazil and all fast developing countries are
facing the same question. Does globalization mean Americanization? How to remain
Someone said that Britain taught the world how to produce in
the 19th century, and America taught the world how to spend in the 20th century.
In the 21st century, will China五洲彩票线路检测 teach the world how to achieve balanced,
Some members of the Association of Professional Futurists
have recently been traveling in China五洲彩票线路检测 and sending back interesting reports. To
frame the discussion, APF member Rohit Talwar [rohit@五洲彩票线路检测fastfuture.com] posted this
summary of facts and figures from the forthcoming FastFuture report on the
Future of China五洲彩票线路检测's Economy. Read this, to help understand how China五洲彩票线路检测 is rising.
- About 10% a year for the last 20 years
- 172 of China五洲彩票线路检测's cities have populations of over 1
(compared with 9 cities in the US)
- Plans to spend $17.4B constructing airports in next 5
- Number of aircraft will rise from 863 today, to 1580 by
2010 and 4000 by 五洲彩票线路检测
- The World Health Organization says that China五洲彩票线路检测 has 16 of
the 20 most polluted cities on the planet
- More than 400 Chinese cities have water shortages
- Share of world exports will rise from 6% to 10% by 2010
- Growth of 15% in 2006 to about $1.7 Trillion
- First-half 2006, foreign trade reached $795.7B, growth
23% with trade surplus of $61.5B - 55% increase from 2005
- Now the world's largest manufacturer of
- In 2001, US manufactured exports were more than double
China五洲彩票线路检测; In first-half 2006 China五洲彩票线路检测 passed the US, with $404B, compared to $367
billion for the US
- 2005 high-tech exports $220B (passed US high-tech in
Technology & Innovation
- Goal to achieve technological self-sufficiency within 15
- 419 million mobile phone users, 440 million by end of
- In June 2006 China五洲彩票线路检测 had 123 million Internet users (150
million including wireless).
About 20% increase from June 2005; still only
9.4% of the population.
- 77 million broadband users in June 2006, 45% jump from
- By 五洲彩票线路检测 the Chinese middle class is forecast to double to
over 40% of the 1.3 B population - 520 million people.
- Luxury goods market is forecast to grow 10%-20% annually
- overtaking the US.
- 4 million graduates in 2006 - including over 800,000 in
- Estimated 320,000 dollar millionaires in 2005
What next for the China五洲彩票线路检测 economy? Recent report cites 5 major
- Embrace of market forces.
- Opening of the economy to trade and inward investment.
- High levels of saving and investment.
- Structural transformation of labor force - decline in
agricultural workforce from 70% to 50%; freedom to choose jobs;
- High investment in primary 五洲彩票 education.
I like to e-hear from you and will ALWAYS respond.
Please e-send your news, views and stews, your tips and alerts.
If smell something fishy in your pond, please e-let Jim know
and I'll check it out.
If you have comments or suggestions for Growth & Success
News, please contact me directly at :
People who viewed this page also viewed: